WILLS AND OTHER TESTAMENTARY DOCUMENTS
held by Kilkenny Archives
If you have a will which relates to Kilkenny/Ossory, please think of sending us a copy, which will help rebuild a major part of our national record which was destroyed in the Four Courts in 1922.
Wills currently held
- Busfield, Major J.A., c. 1960; LMP 302.
- Butler, Florence, Miss., Lavistown, Co. KK c 1960 ; LMP 302.
- Butler, Harriet, Miss., Lavistown, Co. KK., c. 1911 ; LMP 226.
- Butler, Harriet (Rita), wife of George, Maidenhall, c. 1939 ; LMP 305.
- Clarke, Mary, née Pearson, wife of Marshal, Graiguenoe, Co. Tipp., & Maidnehall, Co. KK, c.1900; LMP 223.
- Cuffe, Charlotte, The Rocks, Kilkenny, c. 1885 draft and copy: WCL 090 & 096.
- Cuffe, Charlotte Isabel, Lady Wheeler, c. 1934 ; WCL 092.
- Cuffe, Denny, Sandhills, Co. Carlow,. c. 1762 ; WCL 091.
- Cuffe, Dame Elizabeth, The Rocks, Kilkenny, c. 1868 ; WCL 095.
- Doudney, Cicely Marion, née Butler, Lavistown, Co. KK c 1966 ; LMP 225 & 390.
- Doudney, Herbert V.A., Lavistown, Co. KK., c. 1966 ; LMP 224
- Hare, Maria, née Atkinson, Bayswater, London c. 1860 ; LMP 303.
- Lenox-Conyngham, Joanna Vernon, née Butler of Anaverna, Ravensdale, Co. Louth, c, 1938 ; LMP 389
- Pearson, Charles, Lt. Col., Cheltenham, Glos., c. 1885 : LMP 039.
- Pearson, Jane, wife of Lt. Col. Charles, Cheltenham, c. 1874; LMP 318
- Phelan, Annie, wife of Michael Phelan, Burnchurch, c. 1902 ; LMP 330
- Reade, George Esq., Sion, Kilkenny, c. 1765 ; WCL 094.
- Wheeler, Sir Jonah, Bart., Grosvenor Square, London & Lyrath, c. 1853 ; WCL 098.
- Wheeler, Jonas, Bishop of Ossory, c. 1640 ; WCL 093.
- Will of John Galway of Carrick on Suir, Co. Tipperary of c. 1774 Barton Papers 028.
- Will of Benjamin Barton of Ballyline, Co. Kilkenny of c. 1804 Barton papers 030.
- Will of Robert Pratt of Gawsworth, Carrigrohane, Co.Cork of c. 1904. Barton papers 031.
- Will of Maud Muriel Chadwick of Gawsworth, Carrigrohance etc., of c. 1917. Barton papers 032.
- Will of George Barton of Gosslingstown, (otherwise Castle Bamford), Co. Kilkenny of c,. 1750. Barton Papers 038.
- Will of Robert Jackson Stewart of Sixmiletown, Co. Tyrone orf c. 1932. Also the text of a codicil of his father’s will whow as Jackson Stewart. c. 1929 Barton Papers 107.
- WCL of yesterday is Wheeler Cuffe of Lyrath Papers, whilst LMP is Lavistown Maidenhall Papers.
- Will of john Butler of Kilcash, Co. Tipperary, de jure 15th Earl of Ormonde, of 1766. Prior-Wandesforde Papers, 485.